Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Missed The Woz

As some of you know, my wife met Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak back in April.

I caught the local news here in Edmonton tonight, and imagine my surprise (and disappointment) when I found out he appeared in Edmonton this morning to speak at a tech conference. I wasn't aware of the conference so of course I missed out on his keynote conference speech. I'm guessing he's been touring around guest speaking and helping to promote his new book, iWoz.

Woz is certainly the more accessible of the two main Apple founders and it's likely I'll get to hear him speak at a later time, but it's still disappointing that he was right here in Edmonton and I didn't know until it was too late. Even if you're not an Apple or Woz fan, you can't deny his contributions and effect on the worlds of personal computing and education. Hopefully the attendees were able to realize who they were listening to.

Oh well.

No comments: